Sunday, January 16, 2011

Golden Globe Sunday!

Whoop Whoop it's Golden Globe Sunday!!  Jeff and Sherri's annual viewing party of two starts at 9 sharp.  I didn't watch the five movies nominated for Best Picture like I wanted to but I have seen a few of the movies that will be showcased tonight.

Black Swan - Didn't like it.  Didn't get it.  Ick.  Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis were both great, though!  I think Natalie Portman will probably win for Best Actress.

The Social Network - I LOVED this.  It was so fascinating to me.  I think this movie will win for Best Picture.  I wouldn't mind seeing Jesse Eisenberg or Andrew Garfield win for their performances but I don't think it will go their way.

127 Hours - I LOVED this movie.  It isn't nominated for Best Picture (but it should be).  I hope that James Franco wins for Best Actor - his performance was excellent.  Unfortunately, it seems that honour will go to Colin Firth for The King's Speech.  I haven't seen it but I do like Colin Firth and I'm sure he deserves it.

Love and Other Drugs - I think both Jake Gyllenhaul and Anne Hathaway were excellent, but neither will take home the acting honours.  The movie itself was pretty good - not as good as I thought it would be, but enjoyable all the same.

As far as TV goes, I am hoping for wins for Glee and Modern Family!

I shall update tomorrow with my opinion on the show, and my ratio of winners!  I am having some well deserved treats tonight and I will enjoy them!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment