Sunday, January 9, 2011

Can't I just eat some treats?

Ok, so yesterday I was all cheery and positive about the healthier eating strategy.  I bragged about what I ate and how healthy it was.  I felt great.  Satisfied.  So today not feeling so cheery and positive.  I had a banana for breakfast, salad and chicken sandwich for lunch, roast beef, corn, and potatos for supper (at my parents' house).  I got home and I was hungry.  I ate carrots.  I'm still hungry.  This sucks.

I am watching vintage Grey's Anatomy (delicious) and Izzie is baking away.  Chocolate cake, cupcakes, and it's making my mouth water.  I normally never eat chocolate cake or cupcakes.  I'm not even really much of a dessert person but right now it's all I can think about.  It's not fair.  Why can't they make this stuff so that it is healthy?  What yummy snacks can I eat when I have a treat craving that won't ruin all my progress?

I'm telling you all right now that next Sunday I am eating treats.  It's a free evening.  Jeffrey is coming over for the Golden Globes and I will be eating goodies and drinking Pepsi.  He drank three glasses of Pepsi in front of me today.  Brutal.  I was really proud of myself, though, for continuing to hold out.  When I started this whole thing I had actually given myself permission to drink it when I'm not at home.  I just wasn't buying any to keep in the house.  Cory asked me on the way if I was going to really enjoy my glass of Pepsi and I told him that I wasn't really craving it so I would just have water and save the Pepsi for a day when I really, really wanted it.  Now all I can think about is a cold glass of it with cake and caramilk bars and McDonald's french fries. 

Eating healthy is so hard.  I will keep going though!  This is major progress for me and I really want to change, so I'm sticking with it.  Thinking about next Sunday's treats will get me through.  I wonder what I'll end up choosing....

Does anyone have any ideas of really good healthy foods to satisfy a snack craving?  Are there any sweets that are good for me?  haha.  I'm guessing not. 

At least Izzie has left home and is back at Seattle Grace where there is no chocolate cake or cupcakes for me to stare at longingly.

5 comments:

  1. Sherri! If you only ate a banana for breakfast that is why you are hungry!!!!! Big breakfast my dear - lots of grains. Oatmeal with berries and yogurt, whole grain toast and two glasses of water will keep you going!
    Healthy snacks - nuts (almonds, cashews, soy nuts), pita chips and salsa (just toast a pita in the oven), popcorn (air-popped is very healthy) and then season it with a bit of salt or something else. If I think of anymore I will let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jill! Normally I would have cereal as well for breakfast, like I did today. It was a time issue (which is my own fault)! I had to get to bootcamp and Cory let me sleep in the morning so I was rushed. I won't let that happen again! Thanks for all the tips - keep 'em coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We should seriously go grocery shopping together one of these days and I can help you pick some stuff that is better for you, but still tastes good! :)

    I'm proud of you - you're doing great, especially with the Pepsi! Go Sherri!!! :)

    -Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is so cute and funny! haha I crave chocolate - never salt, always chocolate. Nuts are a great snack, I also like Crispy Minis too - but you have to be careful and watch the serving size! protein snacks keep you fuller longer too. I also drink peppermint tea to curb hunger and it works (sometimes) but I am with you - I am hungry and crave bad foods all the time. Why can't it be easier? Sigh. You're doing great though, keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be hooped once I stop breast-feeding. At least now I can justify the constant snacking.

    ReplyDelete